Mona
Remember I gave some old flower pots a "facial lift"? Well, a friend of mine saw what I did and gave me some tile paint. It is absolutely great!!! My flowerpots got not only a facial lift but a whole make over :)
This is how they looked before:

First, I applied a coat of tile paint on all the pots. I got two hues of brown and I used the lighter hue on the pots, and the darker one on the "saucers" that go under the pots. Here is the story in images:




Then I used the old acrylic paint for the last touch. But as there were so many pots I left some for later :) I promise to post some more pictures to show off!!!






Now, the before and after pics:



PS  And here they are now:

 

I've shown off my pots makeover here

Thank you Cindy!!!


Thank you Claudia!!!

and here

Thank you Donna!!!
Labels: edit post
13 Responses
  1. Imi plac mult. Le-as face si eu pe ale mele, dar nu am vopsea acrilica...o merge si cu lavabila?


  2. Mona Says:

    Nu stiu ce sa zic de lavabil, dar vopseaua acrilica e tempera. Gasesti la papetarie, sau la supermarket. Am pictat florile cu tempera. Fondul e cu ceva vopsea speciala pt tigle, e minunata, dupa ce s-a uscat parca sunt smaltuite ghivecele. Chiar ma gandeam de unde o sa mai gasesc pe cand mi se termina ce am primit. Oare la depozite cu materiale de constructii? Spor la treaba!!!


  3. I have painted clay pots before too to give them new life - yours turned out very nice.


  4. What a wonderful idea, great makeover. The new pots look so cheerful.


  5. Good Morning Sweetie...
    What a beautiful makeover you did. I love it. When the paint wears off of mine, I have just left them plain, as most of mine have cactus in them and they can't be moved.

    Yours looks so happy and finished. I love the little flowers you painted. Great job.

    Thank you for sharing with me today. You have encouraged me to create also.

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry


  6. skoots1mom Says:

    great makeover...so pretty!


  7. Angel Says:

    What a wonderful idea to give them new life, Thanks for sharing ~


  8. Mona Says:

    Thank you all for your nice words!!!
    I hope you'll come again.
    Hugs,
    Mona


  9. jay Says:

    What a great idea - you did well! To me the true beauty is in the gift. ;)


  10. Cute!

    Happy 4th of July!


  11. love clay pots, never can have too many!!


  12. Adorable! The way the pots are decorated up AND displayed. What a sweet looking shelf!

    I'm gradually appreciating container gardens more and more. They're more work but so fun to play with!

    Donna


  13. Did you make the shelf too? I'd be interested in a tutorial about that.