Mona
I had a great morning working in the garden and I am very pleased because I did almost everything I wanted to do. I weeded two flower beds and a part of the plot where the tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers and zucchinis are. The nice surprise of this morning was the first cucumber flower. Here it is:

Last week I remembered that I had heard somewhere that people who grew watermelons used a plastic bottle for each plant, as shown in the picture below, to make sure the plant had enough water. I tried it on the cucumbers and the zucchinis and the formers thanked me with two flowers :)


This method works for me. For my plants, too, apparently. I just check the bottle now and then to see if I need to add some water. I don't have to worry anymore that the water is too cold for the warm ground. I'm thinking of trying it on the pepper plants, too, because they love water, too.
Here are a few flowers that have been saved from the wicked weeds (I was their hero:D):







And here is a potted flower that gave me this beauty:






2 Responses
  1. Dana Says:

    Frumoase flori. Sa ne arati si castravetii cand cresc!!! Vacanta placuta in continuare. Dana


  2. Dora Says:

    Nice garden :)
    Are you at home this weekend? I mean..at your countryside nest? Because I could pay you a visit..only if you have time for visitors, of course :)
    Give me a sign!